Ideas for Rearranging Your Furniture
Give your home a new look without buying anything. Rearrange your furniture to make your room feel brand new. Use these tips to try something new without spending a dime. Take some cues from our Friends and find a style that can last a day, a month, or maybe even a year.
1. Take measurements: Take measurements of the furniture and the space before you move anything. You don’t want to move something just to have to put it back again. Just ask our Friends: Ross, Rachel, and Chandler.
2. Position your biggest piece first: Start with the biggest piece of furniture because the placement will make the largest impact. Check your measurements first to make sure that everything will fit. As our Friends would say, just say no to pivoting.
3. Arrange your seating in a new way: Push your seating area away from walls, creating a more intimate and conversational space. Moving your sofas and chairs away from the walls creates a less boxy look while also making the room appear larger. Don’t be afraid to position your furniture so that it is better for communication. Contrary to Chandler’s opinion, the focal point doesn’t have to be a TV. It could be facing your neighbors windows or Central Perk, for example.
4. Combat clutter: In the same sense of not cluttering a room, make sure your major elements are reflecting each other. If you have a fireplace in your living room put the “vintage” apothecary table on the opposite side of the room to balance it out.
5. Create distinct areas: If you have an open floor plan like our Friends create separate areas by grouping your furniture in different sections. You may want a separate area for rehearsing Smelly Cat, making a trifle, and playing with ducklings.
These tips will help you to create a new look that your friends and family will love. What are you waiting for? Start moving!